Life is short then do what brings happiness to life.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Marine Base Sattaheep Thailand



My dad relatives were making a funeral for one of my grandparents family and we took her ashes to the ocean. It called " Loi Ungkarn" in Thai. I looked for the word in English and got this, Water Burial".

This reminds me once when I was very young which I went on a long tail boat with dad, my own grandmother and other relatives whom I did not remember. Those time, my grandmother left ashes into the water but this time I saw they took a whole pot into the water.

I do not know much about ceremony though. I think, nowadays, this ceremony is a business as Thai culture because there were many families did this on the same day. We must reserve time and day to do and wait on the queue.












No comments:

Post a Comment